Mouse over to see English.

   Mouse over to see English.

 기조강연


정운룡 교수 (포항공과대학교)

■ Educational Background


2000.3 – 2003.8
Ph. D.
Department of Chemical Engineering
POSTECH
1998.3 – 2000.2
M.A.

Department of Chemical Engineering

POSTECH



■ Professional Career


2020.02 – present

Associate Editor

Materials Advances

2019.01 – present
Member of Samsung Future Technology Meeting
2019.02 – present
Associate Editor
Journal of Materials Chemistry C
2016.03 – present
Professor
POSTECH, Pohang, Korea



Nanomaterial-Based Deformable Devices for Artificial Skins and Healthcare Sensors 

 

 Deformability is expected to be a new form factor in the next-generation electronic devices. The stretchable electronics have motivated scientists to develop deformable nanomaterials for use in electrodes, semiconductors, bio-interfaces, and sensors. To realize fully stretchable electronic devices, each component of the device must maintain its performance under stretching. This talk will present recent developments of stretchable nanomaterials and their composites, then put the focuses on the substrates, electrodes, interfacial adhesives, and circuits. This talk presents a generalized platform that can be used for a variety of stretchable devices. It will demonstrate several stretchable devices such as real-time skin-interface health monitoring sensors, haptic devices, multimodal artificial skins, and electronic skins for robots.


최의열 대표 ((주)바디텍메드)

■ Educational Background


1986 - 1991

Ph.D.

University of Tennessee, USA (Cell biology)

1983 - 1985

M.S.

Seoul National University, Korea (Cell biology)

1979 - 1983
B.S.
Seoul National University, Korea (Biology education)



■ Professional Career


1998 - present

CEO

Boditech Med. Inc. establishment and management

2015 - present

Adjunct professor

Bio-Medical Dept, Hallym University

1999 - 2015

Professor

Bio-Medical Dept, Hallym University

1994 - 1999
Associate professor
Genetic Engineering Dept, Hallym University



IVD Industry Now and Future

 

 In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) market is much  smaller than drug market and did not attract much attention from major communication media. COVID19 initiated at Wuhan China in January 2020 and spread extensively worldwide in a very short time. Now, more than 10 million people are infected with the virus and the numbers are kept growing. Korean government acted very quickly and efficiently to restrict spread of sars-cov2 virus and is known as one of most successful countries of corona virus control and prevention. Korean IVD companies have also a chance to advertise their brand globally. Corona virus test market has never been existed, but it is growing fast and bigger. For instance, US government allocated 2 billion USD budget for corona test in 2020. In worldwide IVD market, top 10 companies such as Roche and Abbott comprise of 75% market share and thousand small companies take the rest 25% share. In South Korea, we have over 20 public IVD companies and the numbers are increasing annually. In China, more than 110 companies are listed in public stock market and the numbers are also adding in the list rapidly just like Korea. The COVID19 pandemic situation will accelerate the speed of IPO. Particularly Chinese companies extend their market to Africa, South America, and South East Asia very aggressively and obtained a big success. Backed by China government financially and legally, a few numbers of those companies achieved economics of scale and accomplished the target of 500 million USD sales. Korean companies may encounter fierce competition against the Chinese companies.